Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Midpoint Reflection - Weeks 8/9

It's been more than half way through my internship now. It's much easier and less formal than what i expected. lol!!

I think that finish tasks and complete class/homeworks is one thing that similar about the culture of the schoo lenvironment and the workplace environment. Also, you want to look good in front of your mentor/boss and your teachers. But when you go to the real world, face different kind of people, you have to be more careful and clever. You have to use more of your ability of decision making in the workplace.

I had improved my communication and organize skill from my internship. I also learned many new things such as doing a referral that apply to the workplace. I had formed a bond with my mentor and co-workers through these days. This was actually the first time that I be with many grown ups for a long time. I had to used a different way to communicate with them(especially the doctors), and of course, I was trying hard to be professional as well.

In the first couple of days, I had troubles of communicating with my co-workers and get my tasks done. I was confused about the rooms in my workplace, and of course, people's names. I also filed the charts that I'm not suppose to file. But after a while, I learned from my mistakes, and as I know more about my workplace and be more comfortable with the co-workers, I am fine with my internship.

There were not much challenges that I faced in school as a result of the altered schedule, and it was actually pretty flexible. I did used up my 3 excuses, but that's fine. I will make up whatever hours that I missed.

I really want to left a great impression to my work site for the remaining weeks of internship. I will try my best to complete the tasks that I have to do.

From these months, I had learned that communication between people is very important, and that apply to working in the real world. I also experienced the working life in New York City!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment