Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Final Reflection

Looking back to my older posts, my goals for internship were sort of simple--finish tasks on time and left a great impression to my mentor and co-workers. I think I met all of these goals even though I made mistakes at my site sometimes.

The most important thing I've learned through this internship is communication. Communication skill is essential when you're coming out to the real world and work with people that you didn't met before and don't know well. As a student and a young adult, I became more responsible after this internship experience.

Although I repeated the same internship routine every day, but I learned how to endure and spark up the dull tasks. The highlight list is too long for this 144 hours of internship, but I think the last day of my internship was the best. That day was actually my birthday, and my co-workers(I think I should call them friends now XD) bought me cupcakes and celebrated both my b-day and my last day in Spring Ob/Gyn. They gave me a lovely thank-you card and sang me the Happy-birthday song. And guess what, I bought the exact cup cakes from the same store, and I gave my mentor and the rest of the staffs thank-you cards as well. That was also one of the memorable moment!

There were several obstacles I faced during these 3 months. I was shy in the beginning and I'm not a super outgoing person. But after I got into the people and the environment, I became more confident. There are a few essential advices I want to give for a future intern:

-First, be on time and have a positive attitude is important in both school and working.
-Communicate with your co-workers since you're working with a group of people (you can earn work experiences from them)
-Ask people for help if you face any challenges
-Try your best to complete tasks (don't give up easily)
-Should have good judgment (don't do whatever people assigned you)

Of course, I will miss the ladies that I've been working with in these 3 months. They are so generous. I will remember all the ups and downs during this period! This internship experience is fulfilling. I learned a lot of things that I never know before.

By the way, here comes the good news. I asked for a summer job at my site, and guess what, they offered me one. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment